A mini-mantra here at OneFabDay, as I’m sure you’re aware, is that we believe bridesmaids should shine (almost) as much as the bride – meaning, bridesmaid’s dresses should be stylish, flattering and something they would want to wear again. Look after your girls, and they will love you forever (nobody wants to be one of the girls in 27 dresses). So we asked super stylist Carmel Daly to put together a shoot for us to showcase the great options for Autumn-Winter bridesmaids, the idea is taking the colours and trends of this season and put together looks that will work for fabulous girls who want beautiful stylish bridesmaid’s look that will translate really well into party season.
We’re going to be bringing you the results of this shoot captured by the lovely Saibh Egan over the next few weeks in a series of posts covering a variety of different wedding styles… First up, this evening we bring you the Great Gatsby roaring 20s look which is still huge this season…
The anticipation has been immense ahead of the new Great Gatsby movie with Carey Mulligan and Leonardo di Caprio, fuelling almost a year of 1920s Deco dressing, and this Autumn-Winter has seen the trend for short flapper style dresses develop in nudes, pewters, gold and black. The 20s drop-waist dresses with embellishment like the gorgeous duo from the No.1 Jenny Packham collection at Debenhams are perfect for bridesmaids at a Winter wedding – they’re elegant by day, but party queen by night. Paired with shoes by Buffalo and Dune from the new Shoe Garden in Arnotts (have you been yet??).
- Nude short-sleeved flapper dress and dark embellished flapper dress both No. 1 by Jenny Packham at Debenhams
- Pewter slingback shoes: Daventry by Dune, available at Arnotts
- Two tone Mary Jane shoes: Buffalo, available at Arnotts
Knowing how you all love your options, if we’ve convinced you that this is a look you’d like, we’ve sought out some other suitable candidates to recreate the look – so you can shop the shoot!
1. Black and gold geometric print Balinda by Ted Baker
2. Maree scalloped flapper dress by Ted Baker
3. Shimmering sequinned Carletta by Coast
4. Mocha deep v embellished dress – Bonnie by Coast
5. Taupe finely beaded dress with mini train – Augusta by Reiss